Provided below are links to important and interesting documents relating to The Willows. The documents featured are as follows:
- Mowbreck Hall and the Willows is a short-form book written by former Headmaster of the Willows Primary School and local historian FJ Singleton. This was first published in 1983, and covers the history of the parish from the 1600’s to the 1980’s.
- In 1845 the present church at The Willows was consecrated and opened. A photographic image of an original advertising poster for the event is provided. The original of the poster is framed and hangs in the sacristy.
- A transcript and original copy of a newspaper report of the consecration and opening of The Willows, believed to be from a Preston-based newspaper, is provided.
- In 1995 The Willows celebrated the 150th anniversary of the present church building. The Order of Service for the Sesquicentenary Mass of Thanksgiving is provided.
- In 2009 The Willows celebrated the 200th anniversary of the founding of the Mission at The Willows. The Order of Service for the Bicentenary Mass of Celebration is provided.
- A transcript of the homily for the Bicentenary Mass Of Celebration, given by Canon Dunstan Cooper, a former Priest of The Willows.
You must be logged in to post a comment.